Sunday, November 28, 2010
We have successfully arrived home from a snow filled elk hunt up by Clint Wells. It was fun to get to camp with the family; we arrived late Wednesday evening to a nice, cold camp...and woke up Thanksgiving morning to snow! I was so excited...I have never in my adult life camped in the snow (my mom "says" we did when we were kids, but I don't remember). Here are the pics from Thanksgiving day:
Yes, folks, that is snow (it is NOT some random blurry spots on the lense). We woke up to snow falling, quickly, from the heavens. We quickly packed up (THANKS NEWBY AND MEG FOR YOUR HELP!!!) to get out of there before the snow became a slushy ice mixture.
We seemed to be doing well on the drive, until we came to a hill...that had turned to ice. My mom was driving in front of us with my grandpa's old truck and camper, with a trailer attached to the back of it. Newby was next in line, and then me. Needless to say, I had a near-death experience and am so happy to be home!!!
Friday, November 19, 2010
1. Um, I work. I have to wake up every day, get dressed, attempt makeup, and hit the road. That's already a day's work for me!
2. I am "required" to work....they have this ridiculous rule that if you don't work, you don't get a paycheck. Without a paycheck, I cannot buy groceries to make my delicious meals...which leads me to #3.
3. I don't cook. I can't cook. I can make something, maybe once, and then it will NEVER turn out again. Who knows why. Dinner this week: cereal, bagel and cream cheese, and frozen waffles. So ya, about that cooking thing: pouring milk into a bowl is a lot of work.
4. I need a daily nap. If not, I am just too grouchy to finish out the day. I would go home, but that just brings me back to #2 above...
5. Hi, I am Jamie. Have we ever met? I sleep like 14 hours a night, still wake up tired, and can take another two to three hour nap. If you didn't know this about me, then YOU don't know ME.
6. I have (barely) survived my super stressful week (see #1-5 above), and the weekend is here. Know what that means? Yep, you got it. Sleeping in. My favorite hobby, pasttime, and what makes me truly happy!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
My mom is living proof that guardian angels do exist. I know that most of us believe that all angels are looking down from heaven and are helping us from there, but my angel lives only miles from me. She has great advice, is genuinely concerned for me, and always has a kind word to say to me (and, some pretty darn funny ones to cheer me up, too!!)
I have never seen such happiness in my mom's eyes until she became a grandma. Boy, do those grandkids love her! Abby adores gamma, and loves her one-on-one time with her. Abby goes over to gamma's house for sleepovers and they have jama parties. Whoever said being a mom was the best gift, I think giving me my mom was the most precious gift I have ever been given!
I LOVE YOU, MA!!!
Props to Erin Roberts for the great picture!!!
Monday, November 15, 2010
Thursday, November 11, 2010
- What is geocaching? Geocaching is an updated version of a scavengar hunt or hide-and-seek. You use clues and GPS coordinates to find the hidden 'treasure'.
- Is it expensive to do? Geocaching does NOT cost anything, and can offer hours of entertainment..for free!!
- Do you really have fun? Yes, we always have fun! It can be frustrating if you can't find it at first, but it really is a treat. Plus, you get exercise!
- Can you geocache with kids? Yes! Here is proof:
Our success today only feeds the anxiety to do it again! We hoped to find quite a few caches, and thanks to Princess Emersyn we found all of them. She was such a big help, being able to look in the hardest and smallest of places...
Why do I love Saturday's? Saturday's mean:
1. Abby has a soccer game. This means I get to watch her killer soccer moves, and cheer a lot!
2.I get to see Kayla-bug and all of her cuteness. I also get to play with her :) Who are we kidding, she does spend most of the time wanting "mama" and "sissie" but it's still ok because I get to hold her!
Here is a great picture of my dad and Kayla and my dad!!!
Monday, November 1, 2010
So turns out I have a case of planters fasciitis, in BOTH feet. Really, whoever said "Go big or go home", I'd rather you just go home. This is just ridiculous. I know, it's not a major health condition, but it sucks. No sugar coating it, it sucks. Their result? Two terrible, horrible, no good shots in both feet. Seriously, the worst pain I have ever felt. And they still hurt, six hours later. Oh ya, and the dr said it's going to hurt worse over the next few days...of course, he tells me this AFTER the shots.
The best part? The extra large boot-brace I get to wear every night for the next 4 weeks. Oh, and tennis shoes EVERY day with a heel cup. Wow, who said getting old was fun?!! Haha, I seriously am like a little old man...
Here is a picture of my new best friend:
DON'T be jealous....
They start off by reading the names of the deceased, and when your loved one is called they ask you to grab a candle and place it on the altar. I was hoping to get a better pic at the end, because of just how beautiful it was, but this is the best I got...and it's from my phone so it's not the best quality.
"May the choirs of angels come to great you, May they speed you to paradise."