Monday, September 27, 2010

GrEeN and GoLd....

Everyone who knows me, knows of my obsession with ANYTHING green and gold. ANYTHING. I figure on this holiday, aka Monday Night Football, I'd take a moment to explain my obsession. (Bust out those kleenex, buddies, it's sappy)...
I loved (and still do) so much about my grandparents, and my grandpa was from Wisconsin. Rewind back to elementary school, so you know about what age I am. My parents let me go to Wisconsin with my mom for a summer visit-my FIRST visit ever to Wisconsin! After this visit, my love and devotion for the beloved Packers was set in stone. Think of it as a marriage, if you will. This trip was such a great memory, I got to see/meet many extended family members while there. Please keep in mind that I had been penpals with my Uncle Ted and also with my Aunt Rosemary for quite some time by this point...so it was an even better trip since I had been writing back and forth with them for so long! Ok, so I could talk about this memory for pages and pages, but I am sure everyone will be logging off from this boring info soon, so I'd better move on :)
For those who knew my grandpa, he was a very onery man. Loved me to pieces, was the kindest and most giving person to anyone he knew; family, friends, strangers. He would NOT cheer for the Packers, even if they were the only team left to root for. I remember this from the moment I decided to LOVE the Packers (elementary school, see above paragraph); he NEVER cheered for them. We would go back and forth for hours about the almighty cheese, every Christmas and birthday gift was something Packers given to him...and I am sure he loved every moment of it.
The Packers have given me so many amazing memories. Hence my love for the Green and Gold. I can think back to amazing conversations and bickering; think back to my grandma laying on the couch watching the games with us; think of past trips to visit Wisconsin and watch the Packers practice. Most recently, I have made some new memories--memories with my brother touring Lambeau Field with me and memories of Uncle Pete and I going to the annual Shareholders meeting.
I look forward to making more memories, continuing this legacy, and purchasing even more green and gold items...

No comments:

Post a Comment