Monday, June 13, 2011

Too long...

Ok, I can finally commit to a blog post. It has been too long...so here's a quick wrap up of the past few months:



  • School year ended. I was sad, but happy, to see this group go. I get so attached each year, but look forward to the "big bad 6th graders" they will become. I tried a new thing this year: as I took down bulletin boards, I put up the board for next year. Teachers, you know what I am talking about. Especially if you like to change it up each year like I do. Now when I return in August, I just have to fill the boards and set up desks!

  • STRESS. Know what that is? Why yes, I do. We became frequent visitors to Mountain Vista Medical Center. First time around: fabulous. Treated my dad the very best; we ranted and raved about their great healthcare. Second time: terrible. Misdiagnosed multiple times, had us believing my dad was doing terrible...and he wasn't. Won't go back there, EVER, even in a major emergency. I will beg my mom to drive the extra few streets to get to Banner. (Yes, this is the same hospital I had to stay in for my leg infection. And the same hospital Kayla was born in!!)

  • Summer. It's finally here! I enjoyed my 1.5 weeks off work before the summer job began. LET ME TELL YOU....I was looking forward to camp this year! So excited to go in, knowing what to expect and what was expected of me. I jumped in, head first, to this round of camp. It's a fantastic camp with wonderful staff and even more amazing participants. I am loving each moment with them!

  • Visitors. We were very lucky to have Lissy and Erica come out from good ol' Wisconsin to visit. They stayed a few nights here with me, and then some time at Jared's. It was good to get to know them better (since we just met them last year on our visit to WI!). I am looking forward to them coming back soon!

  • Wedding. Have I mentioned Amanda is getting married in a year....and I have been asked to be the maid of honor? And, have I mentioned, I have seen BRIDESMAID'S twice and am now fully prepared for the job?

  • Nieces. Adorable. That's all I have to say :)


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment