Monday, January 3, 2011

Even on a bad day....

In the spirit of staying positive, I'd like to share a few reasons why I love being a teacher (don't let the clipart above fool you--I just found it funny!!)
Students will tell you the strangest things, for example:
  • I got scratched by a dog
  • My dad was drunk last night
  • My mom had her baby
  • My brother broke his arm
  • I had the best weekend because....
  • This was the most boring weekend...
  • I forgot to do my homework because I forgot we had school today.
  • I missed you.
  • Did you get fatter?
  • School is easy
  • School is hard (yes, the same kids will tell you BOTH in the same breath!!)

And...they say it all with excitement, a smile, and eagerness to share--no matter what it is!!


I can't imagine doing anything else with my life. Seeing the smiles, laughs, giggles, sparkle in the eyes when they understand what you're teaching, talkativeness at all the wrong times, ability to make me laugh, and overall wonderfulness of being a kid makes me appreciate and LOVE my job--even on the bad days!

And when a kid says "You're the best teacher ever" it still melts my heart...even though I am pretty sure they have said it to the past 5 teachers they have had!


And not to be outdone, I love saying to kids:

  • because I said so
  • did you really just ask why?
  • is this a full, complete sentence? would your mom/dad agree if we called them?
  • dont' make me prove you wrong
  • yes, I may be old but I am smarter than you
  • because I said so
  • I love ya kiddo


No comments:

Post a Comment