Friday, April 6, 2012

Sad, but don't worry

Dear family, friends, and co-workers,
Yes, I am sad. Heartbroken may be more accurate. I loved both Lambeau and GB with all my heart. I am so sad that they are gone. I know it is what I had to do after GB biting me, and the repercussions it had on Lambeau and her injuries. It doesn't make it any easier, but I know it's what is right.

If I cry, it's ok. If I am sad, it's ok. I will just need some time to heal. Not only emotionally, but physically. My leg hurts, and it reminds me every few hours that it is not healed. I am trying to not remember that incident as my last memory of GB. My heart hurts, but I imagine, thanks to a good friend, that they are in Puppy Heaven having the time of their lives! I have had a good dream about each dog, and I truly believe that was their way of letting me know they made it to Heaven safely. Who knows, maybe my grandpa is even throwing the ball with them??? He would have loved their names, you know.

I have placed a picture next to my front door so I can say "goodbye girlies, love you" each morning, like I have since I got them. I know they are looking over me and protecting me each day. I don't think there will be a day that goes by where I won't think of them. Coming home to an empty house is the hardest right now. And sleeping without one of them near me.

Lambeau: I remember the day I met you at the Humane Society. Super cute puppy, full of energy. She was originally named Nala, but my mom and dad couldn't say it to well...and I had my heart set on naming my very first dog, all mine and only mine (haha) dog Lambeau. And I did, and I do not regret it. She was known as Ladmo to my dad (gotta love him), and she was a puppy her whole life. Always had that puppy way. I loved after giving her a bath, the cuddling time she shared with me. And each time I walked outside, she went after my shoes-no matter what. I know I should have corrected her, but I enjoyed our special time together! Lambeau loved our other family dogs, and got to go camping a few times and roam around with the crew. I was lucky to have had Lambeau in my life! I didn't rescue her, she rescued me. I wanted to keep you forever and I am sorry I didn't have you longer-I should have done more to save you! I love you, Lambea (aka Shmambeau, Lamby).
GB: We went to lunch with Meg and her mom, and little did we know we'd bring you home. Originally meant for Jared, since he had recently lost a dog, but after he couldn't do it my mom and I realized we couldn't leave this dog. She had me from the moment I played with her. Always so sweet, loved to put her head on my shoulder. I woke up many times with her head next to me on my pillow. GB was a huge cuddler, and followed me everywhere. I believe she still thought she was a puppy the way she wanted to get up on my lap and be loved. She never let me out of her sight! I tried to save her, but in the end I just couldn't. I hope she knows that even after all of this, I love her so much. Love you, GB (aka Gee-bee like in a French tone).

No comments:

Post a Comment