Saturday, March 17, 2012

Lent

In case you didn't know it is the season of Lent! Typically we all try to give up something. Why? To show we can have sacrifices. I decided to go for something positive this year since-let's face it-I never make it through without cheating! Candy, chocolate, mountain dew have all been prior lenten sacrifices, but this year I went a different route. I wanted to do something good for someone else, each day. ( I really wanted it to be: do something good for someone else, each day, without getting any recognition...but this wasn't really working!! People like to say THANK YOU too much-such a problem, right??).

With the help of my dad, I was able to complete a MASSIVE good deed for our dear friend, Alice. She is such a sweet woman who has seemed to go through so many challenges these past few years. While driving by to check on her house, I noticed how overgrown it was. Enter the thought: I should pull weeds and clean it up for her. I soon realized I couldn't do it on my own. My dad was kind enough to help!!! (Seriously, he did help! No sarcasm in this one!!).

Hours later....it's done. And I have to say, it looks amazing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment